A new or renewing subcontractor is an individual who accesses Fermilab facilities and resources who is working more than one day via a procurement-managed subcontract with FRA- or DOE-approved agreement; this includes individuals who consult on behalf of the laboratory.
- Subcontractors must have a valid Fermilab ID badge in order to perform work.
- Subcontractor ID badges cannot exceed the promise date of the Purchase Order
- If a subcontractor does not have a valid Fermilab ID badge or needs to renew their badge, the subcontractor must:
- Complete the access request process
- Have a scheduled badge appointment for the date they are coming onsite
- Present a REAL ID at the security gate and at their badge appointment
- Present any other applicable ID documents at their badge appointment
- Complete subcontractor training (click on the “Training” tab) every two years and present their blue card from this training at their badge appointment