Invitation Letters

The FNAP office is responsible for drafting and sending all visa invitation letters- B-1/ESTA Student, J-1, and J-1 extension.

Non-U.S. citizens can obtain an invitation letter by submitting an on-site access request in ServiceNow.

If there is any change to the activity associated with the visit after the issuance of the letter, please contact the FNAP office.

Additional information on visas can be found on the Fermilab Visa office pages for B-1 visas and J-1 visas. 

Invitation Letter Guidance

B-1 Visa/ESTA

Student Letter

J-1 Visa Letter
Length of stay  Less than six months – More than thirty days

– More than three months

Funding type No funding by Fermilab. Per diem only. Any funding by Fermilab
Interview tips B-1 Interview tips J-1 Interview tips