All new or returning Users should fill out one of the following forms at least 4 weeks prior to your arrival at Fermilab or the expiration of your computing accounts to obtain an ID badge and/or to renew computing accounts.
- New request – computing privileges and ID badge
- Renewal request – computing privileges and ID badge
- On-site request form – you have active computing accounts but need an ID badge (you will need to log in using your services ID and password in order to fill out this form)
Failure to submit this form at least 4 weeks prior to your arrival/ computing account expiration could result in the termination of your computer accounts.
- If you will need an ID badge, please make sure to answer “Yes” to the question “Will you need a Visitor ID badge…?” so that your ID badge request gets approved by your affiliated experiment or division. Do I need an ID badge?
- ID badges are limited to 1 year max
- If you are staying in our onsite housing, you are required to have an ID badge.
- Users under the age of 18 are prohibited from certain activities and should fill out a Student Registration Form. Please reference FESHM 1010 for more information.
Once the Users Office receives and processes your service desk ticket, you will get an email from the Service Desk stating what your account expiration date will be. If you will be onsite for the first time, you will also receive an email from the Users Office with further instructions on how to get your ID badge when you arrive at Fermilab (the information can also be found in the next section).
Please see the one-page explanation for using the Fermilab network for experiments