A Business Visitor is an individual who has business with Fermilab that can be achieved in less than one week while being escorted when in non-public access areas and…
- Does not require training or a Fermilab ID badge
- Does not require computing access
- Does not receive payments or reimbursement using DOE funds
STEPS TO OBTAIN ACCESS AS A BUSINESS VISITOR:
Business Visitors who are coming onsite are encouraged to enter Fermilab through the Batavia Rd. / Warrenville gate. Business Visitors must go to the Fermilab Welcome and Access Center (located in Aspen East) to get their BV badge. See our Badging Chart for additional information.
- Coordinate with your Fermilab POC the details of your visit.
- Fill out the Site Access and Badging form.
- Once submitted, the access request will need to be approved by the POC.
- In addition, non-U.S. citizens’ requests will also be routed to the Foreign National Access Program (FNAP) office and Export Control for verification and approval.
- If you have questions about the status of your request, contact email@example.com.
- Once access is approved:
- Non-U.S. citizens will be sent an email to complete onboarding in WorkDay. This step must be completed in order for the access request to be fully processed.
- Onsite visitors will receive an informal letter with a QR Code, which must be presented at the security gate upon arrival.
- Business visitors are also required to show a valid REAL ID at the security gate
- Once through the gate, BVs will proceed to the Fermilab Welcome and Access Center to get their BV badge/sticker.
- In addition to the informal letter, onsite non-U.S. visitors will receive a formal invitation letter that can be used, if needed, in the visa process
*Business Visitors must be escorted when in non-public access areas by a Fermilab-badged individual, unless attending an event is in Wilson Hall and approvals have been obtained for BVs to be unescorted while attending that event.
**Business Visitors must exit the site by sundown unless there is special approval from Security to stay onsite after-hours.