Follow the steps below for Onsite and Remote (logical) access for Affiliates/Users*, Authorized Guests, and Subcontractors.
*DOE Employees do not need to go through the access request process and can show their DOE HSPD-12 badge at the Security gate to get onsite.
- Please begin this process a minimum of 4 weeks before access is needed. For additional information on non-U.S. citizen access to Fermilab sites and technologies, please visit the Foreign National Access Program Office.
- You MUST have either an active Fermi ID badge or a badge appointment in order to be allowed onsite. Please make sure to complete all of the steps on this page in order to not be stopped and/or potentially turned away at the gate upon arrival.
Step 1) Fill out an Access Request Form
FILL OUT ONE OF THESE THREE FORMS
- Are you new to the lab or need to renew or extend computing and/or onsite access as an Affiliate, User, Subcontractor or Authorized Guest?
- Do you already have computing accounts as an Affiliate, User or a Subcontractor but now need an ID badge (required Services login)?
- If you are not sure if you already requested onsite dates on your previous access request, please follow these instructions on how to look up your service desk tickets.
- Unsure of what your worker type is? Please see our definitions document and Access Types and Guidance
- Please see these additional websites for Business Visitors, Personal Visitors, Event Visitors, and Urgent Short-Term Workers (one-day Subcontractor). Please also see the Security Department’s site for more information.
- DO NOT fill out another form if you have already submitted one. You can check the status of your current request here and if you still have questions, please submit a question on the bottom of that status page.
- Whatever dates you put on that form are what you will get access for. Do not put a shorter remote end date if you do not intend to shorten your remote access. If you already have remote access and just want to add onsite access (ID badge), please fill out the onsite-only access request form found in number 2 above.
- Instructions with screenshots on how to fill out an access request
Step 2) Complete Onboarding
Once your ticket is approved, you will receive two emails from FermiWorks/Workday with your username and password to complete your onboarding. You must complete onboarding with in 30 days or your access request will be canceled.
If you do not receive one of the emails or have trouble logging in, please contact the service desk at 630-840-2345 or email@example.com.
Once you finish onboarding: there is still a manual step that our office needs to complete before your access is granted/re-activated/extended. We try to complete these within 24 business hours so please be patient with us.
- Screenshots with completed instructions
- Upload a document into FermiWorks after onboarding is complete
Step 3) Make your appointment for an ID badge
You MUST have either an active Fermi ID badge or a badge appointment in order to be allowed onsite. Once you have completed the access request process and have received your informal invitation letter, you can schedule your appointment here.
STARTING OCTOBER 16, 2023, users and affiliates who do not have a badge or whose badge is expired and ALL authorized guests will need to enter Fermilab through the Batavia Rd. / Warrenville gate and go to the Fermilab Welcome and Access Center (located in Aspen East) to get their ID badge. Subcontractors will continue to enter through the Wilson Street / Batavia gate and will continue to go to Wilson Hall for badging. See our Badging Chart for additional information.
- You can present your QR code at the gate and the list of names will be sent to Security to ensure gate access for those who don’t have the QR code.
- If you are renewing your badge, you will need to return your old badge at your appointment.
- Please bring the appropriate documents, including a REAL ID to your appointment.
- You will receive an email with your badge appointment instructions at 6:00pm the business day prior to your appointment.
- Schedule my appointment.
- Have you lost your badge? Please report your ID Badge as lost or stolen prior to scheduling your badge appointment.
- Documents to bring with to your appointment
- All individuals must provide a REAL ID at the security gate in order to be allowed onsite
Step 4) Complete Training prior to your Badge Appointment
Affiliates, Contractors and Users coming onsite will need to make sure all of your required training is complete prior to your final approval.
If applicable, fill out an NPUA form
If you are working on an experiment that is associated with Fermilab’s Accelerator Complex, your home institution must have a signed Non-Proprietary User Agreement on file with us. You will be contacted by the Office of Partnership and Technology Transfer if you need to complete this step.
Updating Your Multiple Fermilab Affiliations
- Add and/or Delete additional affiliations from your profile
- Multiple Affiliations Host Presentation Slides
- Multiple Affiliation Approver Validator Presentation Slides
- Multiple Affiliations Approver Validator Presentation Video
Terminating Sub-contractors, Users/Affiliates, and Authorized Guests
- Email CampusAccess@fnal.gov with the name of the person and the termination date
- Return keys to the Security Operations Center (SOC) on the ground floor of Wilson Hall
- Return the ID badge to the Campus Access Office on the 1st floor of Wilson Hall
News and alerts
- A REAL ID is required for all personnel requesting onsite access. Read More