Onsite and remote (logical) access for Affiliates, Authorized Guests, Contractors and Users begins here. Follow the steps below to start the process for onsite and/or remote (logical) access.
Please begin this process a minimum of 4 weeks before access is needed.
For additional information on non-U.S. citizen access to Fermilab sites and technologies, please visit the Foreign National Access Program Office.
Please see the overview of the process here: Access Steps Quick View
Access Request Form
All non-employee, work or residential access to Fermilab begins with the Access Request Form. There are three types of access for Affiliates, Authorized Guests, Contractors, and Users – remote/logical access, onsite only access and onsite with computing accounts access. You will have the opportunity to chose your access type on the access form. See below for specific instructions for each type of access. After you submit your Access Request form, your request will go through a series of approvals. Once the approval process is complete, you will receive an email with instructions for your next steps.
FILL OUT ONE OF THESE FORMS:
- Are you new to the Lab? (access request for new Affiliates, Users, Contractors and Authorized Guests)
- Do you need to renew or extend your computing or onsite access? (access request for existing Affiliates, Users, Contractors and Authorized Guests)
- Do you already have computing accounts but now need an ID badge? (onsite access request for Affiliates, Users and Contractors who already have computing access – requires services account login).
- Business visitors, please see the Security Department’s site
- Access Steps Quick View
- Screenshots with complete instructions
- DO NOT fill out another form if you have already submitted one. Please email CampusAccess@fnal.gov with your original RITM number and we will let you know where it is in the process.
- Whatever dates you put on that form is what you will get access for. Do not put a shorter remote end date if you do not intend to shorten your remote access.
Once your ticket is approved, you will receive two emails from Fermiworks/Workday with your username and password to complete your onboarding. You must complete onboarding with in 30 days or your access request will be canceled.
If you do not receive one of the emails or have trouble logging in, please contact the service desk at 630-840-2345 or email@example.com.
Once you finish onboarding: there is still a manual step that our office needs to complete before your access is granted/re-activated/extended. We try to complete these within 24 business hours so please be patient with us.
Affiliates, Contractors and Users coming onsite will need to make sure all of your required training is complete prior to your final approval.
If applicable, fill out an NPUA form
If you are working on an experiment that is associated with Fermilab’s Accelerator Complex or CMS, your home institution must have a signed Non-Proprietary User Agreement on file with us. You will be contacted by the Office of Partnership and Technology Transfer if you need to complete this step.
Make your Appointment for an ID badge
If you are planning to come onsite, you will need an ID badge. Once you have completed the process, schedule your appointment here. The list of names will be sent to Security to ensure gate access. If you need to access the site after the date of your badging appointment, please contact your Fermilab Point of Contact to be added to the daily/essential list with Security. If you are renewing your badge, you will need to return your old badge at your appointment. Please bring the appropriate documents to your appointment.
- Please email us with questions.
- Report ID Badge as lost or stolen
- Appointment checklist
- I have completed the process, schedule my appointment.
- Bring the appropriate documents with to your appointment
News and Alerts
- A REAL ID is required for all personnel requesting onsite access. Read More