Dorms: Rooms are cleaned and linen changed once a week. Housekeeping is included in the the rental fee.
Family Houses/Apartments: Weekly housekeeping is optional and available for a fee. However, it is expected that the residence will be cleaned satisfactorily.
Houses & Apartments with Singles (Arranged by Experimental Groups): Housekeeping service is required if more than a single tenant rents a unit.
Each house, apartment, and dorm room has a telephone. Common telephones are also located in the kitchen or lobby area of each dorm (local calls only).
A telephone is also located in the Vending Building at 18 Sauk Boulevard. You must dial 9 to call out.
Linens (bedding, towels, etc,.) are supplied in each unit.
Dorm Room: Linens will be changed during the weekly cleaning.
Houses & Apartments without Housekeeping Service: Soiled linen is picked up once a week.
Houses & Apartments with Housekeeping Service: Linens will be changed during the weekly cleaning.
Garbage And Recycling
Garbage cans are located in all residences and common areas
Recycling is available is common areas and near all residences.
- All units are fully furnished.
- Cribs, high chairs, and booster seats are available upon request. If extra blankets or pillows are needed, call ext. 3777.
- A heavy-duty scale (for weighing large boxes, luggage, etc.) are also available through the Housing Office.
- Carpet and Furniture Cleaning: A resident may request annual carpet and furniture cleaning. If you want an extra cleaning, contact the Housing Office, ext. 3777, and we will arrange for a cleaning at your expense.
- Food Service: Located in Wilson Hall, atrium level.
- Computers and Wi-Fi The Fermilab network (FGZ) is available using a combination of VDSL and wireless access points at all Village residences. To report service problems, contact ext. 2345 or The Service Desk . Do not run computer lines (under carpeting, along walls, etc.) into your room or through a house/apartment – the Housing Office will remove them at any time.
- Accessible Facilities: We have facilities that are accessible. If you have special needs please contact the Housing Office.
- Common Laundry Facilities: There are coin-operated washing machines and dryers in the vending area at 18 Sauk Blvd.
- Mail Service: Apartment style mailboxes for each house, apartment, and dorm room are located in the Vending Building at 18 Sauk Blvd. Residents will be issued keys with their housing keys
- Ice. An ice machine is located the vending building at 18 Sauk Blvd.
- Roll-A-Way Beds: A limited number of roll-a-way beds are available for short periods of time. Please contact the Housing Office for current pricing.
- Taxi Service: There is a taxi service for onsite travel at no charge. The hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Call ext. 4225 to arrange transportation.
- Users Center: The Users Center, located at 2 Che Che Pinqua. Refreshments are available in the lounge. Facilities include a game room (billiards, ping-pong), lounge, restaurant, and Meeting Rooms.
- Vending Machines: There are vending machines, mailboxes, and a telephone at 18 Sauk Blvd. It is open 24 hours a day.