In order to obtain computing privileges or an ID badge (for the first time, or to renew your existing/expired privileges or ID badge), you must fill out one of the following forms:
YOUR REQUEST FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT A MINIMUM OF 3-4 WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL AT FERMILAB AND/OR THE EXPIRATION OF YOUR COMPUTER ACCOUNTS
- New request – computing privileges and ID badge
- Renewal request – computing privileges and ID badge
- On-site request form – you have active computing accounts but need an ID badge (you will need to log in using your services ID and password in order to fill out this form)
- If you will need an ID badge, please make sure to answer “Yes” to the question “Will you need a Visitor ID badge…?” so that your ID badge request gets approved by your affiliated experiment or division.
- ID badges are limited to 1 year max.
- If you are staying in our onsite housing, you are required to have an ID badge.
- Users under the age of 18 are prohibited from certain activities. Please reference FESHM 1010 for more information.
Once the Users Office receives and processes your service desk ticket, you will get an email from the Service Desk stating what your account expiration date will be. If you will be onsite for the first time, you will also receive an email from the Users Office with further instructions on how to get your ID badge when you arrive at Fermilab (the information can also be found in the next section).
Please see the one-page explanation for using the Fermilab network for experiments
Additional Steps to get an ID Badge:
- You will need to complete three training requirements PRIOR to your arrival at Fermialb.
- You will need to bring certain documents with you to the Users Office once you arrive onsite at the lab.
- If you are working on an experiment that is associated with Fermilab’s Accelerator Complex or CMS, your home institution must have a signed Non-Proprietary User Agreement on file with us.
Whether you are here for the first time or are renewing your ID badge, you will need to come to the Users Office when you arrive at Fermilab in order to obtain your ID badge.