FERMI SUMMER FITNESS CHALLENGE
Join me in this Summer 2020 Fitness Challenge. Exercise guidelines recommend 150 minutes of exercise per week. Exercise comes in many forms. It may be walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming or participating in a fitness class. I challenge each of you to participate in this 8 week Summer Fitness Challenge, beginning June 15 – August 9, 2020. Log your minutes and the activity performed on the Fermi Summer 2020 Fitness Challenge spreadsheet. If you complete 150 minutes of exercise each of the 8 weeks and send me your log you will earn a $10 digital Amazon Gift Card. If you are not an Amazon shopper, simply reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will find you an alternative. For more info contact Jeanne Ecker at email@example.com
FITNESS CENTER CLOSED
- Fermilab Fitness Center Closed until further notice. Gym Memberships will be extended for the time lost when we re-open.
- Fitness Classes Cancelled until further notice. Fitness Classes will resume when we re-open and instructor availability is confirmed. Gym access will be adjusted accordingly.
- Indoor & Outdoor Onsite Athletic Leagues Cancelled until further notice.
- Fermilab Club Activities Cancelled until further notice.
Please note that Fermi Badge access to the Fitness Center will be shut off for everyone until further notice.
POOL SEASON CANCELED AT VILLAGE POOL DUE TO COVID-19
The pool in the Fermilab Village will remain closed this summer because of the COVID-19 pandemic. This decision was made out of an abundance of precaution as COVID-19 continues to infect people locally and across the nation.
The current CDC and Illinois Dept. of Public Health guidelines would make it difficult, or impossible, to follow social-distancing and safety recommendations while utilizing the pool. Fermilab takes the health and safety of our Fermilab Community very seriously. Social distancing in a pool would be difficult. Chlorine may kill the virus, but it’s also spread by being near people through talking, interacting, and touching infected surfaces while in the pool, around the pool and in the locker rooms. We cannot safely protect you from that. We apologize for any inconvenience this decision may cause and thank you for your understanding.
LOW COST/NO COST FITNESS & NUTRITION APPS
On Demand Workout Apps
Mind & Body Apps
Exercise/Fitness Tracking Apps
Nutrition Tracking Apps
By accessing any of the above resources, you confirm that you:
- understand there are risks associated with your use of online content, including fitness videos, diet, nutrition and exercise apps,
- understand that Fermi Research Alliance, LLC neither promotes nor endorses any of these content providers,
- voluntarily elect to engage in these activities knowing that they may be harmful to your person and property, that these content providers may require you to provide your personal data, which may be used by the content provider to market to you,
- release and waive any claims against Fermi Research Alliance, LLC relating to participation in these activities or utilization of this content,
- understand that you should consult your physician prior to beginning any new exercise, diet or nutrition regimen and follow all safety recommendations. Make sure you are staying in tune with your body’s needs. Talk with your physician if you have concerns or experience pain when you exercise.