Sub-Contractor ID Badge
In order to obtain an ID badge for the 1st time or to renew a contractor’s existing/expired ID badge, the Point of Contact (POC) must follow the instructions listed below:
- Fill out Sub-Contractor form Section I
- Send Contractor the Sub-Contractor form so they can fill out Section II and return to the POC (Note: information on the form will be required in step 3)
- If Contractor requires computer accounts they must read the Fermilab Policy on Computing (link is provided on the Sub-Contractor form). Please inform them to read the policy prior to their start date
- Fill out the Authorized Guest/Contractor Request form in ServiceNow (SNOW)
- Enter as much information as possible on the form and to select the appropriate affiliation/lab organization and approver prior to submitting the form
Once the form has been submitted and approved the Badging Office will begin the badging process. There are a few additional steps in order for a contractor to obtain an ID Badge:
- They will need to complete the contractor training. The class is held daily at 7:30 am in the CDF/Big Room Building 327
- They will need to bring certain documents with them to the Badging Office when they arrive on-site or immediately after the training class
- If Contractor requires computer accounts they will be required to submit a signed Computer Security Policy Acknowledgment form prior to receiving a badge and accounts
- Workers under the age of 18 are prohibited from certain activities. Please reference FESHM 1010 for more information.
We encourage everyone to read the Access Policy prior to arrival. All contractors are required to obtain an ID badge prior to going to their work site. Access to buildings are not automatically granted. Access Request form (Integrated Access System Key/Lock Request ) for keys and access to buildings/locations is required. Access Request Forms are to be submitted to the Communication Center located on the ground floor of Wilson Hall.