In order to complete the required training classes, you will first need to have active Fermilab computing accounts. If you do not have an account(s) or your account(s) have expired, please complete the appropriate On-site Access and Computer Accounts request form.
You will need to complete the following training online PRIOR to your arrival on site. You will need to pass a test for each of the following training classes in order to receive credit for them.
Instructions and links on how to complete each training class and then take the tests are listed below.
Three required training classes
Watch the following videos (which can be found on webpage above):
- New User and Employee Orientation
- Job Hazard Analysis
- General Employee Radiation Training
- Environmental Management System
- Electrical Safety Orientation
- Hazard Communication
- GHS Hazard Communication Update
There are also the following reference materials that you can read through, if needed:
3) Workplace violence and active shooter and active threat awareness (works best if you use the Google Chrome browser)
To take the test for each training class
- You can click on the “test” link, which is available on the New User Orientation training page at the end of the Sexual Harassment and Workplace Violence presentations, or …
- Go to the ESH&Q Testing Center
- In the drop-down menu under “Select an online test,” select one of the following classes:
- “New Employee/User ESH&Q Orientation [FN000034/CR] 283”
- “Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention for Fermilab Users, Visitors and Contract Employees [FN000531/CB] 1885” (double check to make sure you have the right class number on this one because there is more than one “Sexual Harassment” training listed)
- “Workplace Violence and Active Shooter/Active Threat Awareness Training [FN000508/CR] 1306”
- In the box under “Enter your Fermi ID,” type in your Fermi ID number.
- Click on the button to the left of “Visitor” (under “Enter your Fermi ID”)
- Click on the “Submit” button
- On the following page, your email address will be displayed in bold type; verify that the email address is correct.
- If the email address is incorrect, contact us ASAP to correct it
- If the email address is correct, then click on the “Request Test” button
- A link to the test will be emailed to you shortly.
- Log in to your email and click on the link that is sent to you.
- Follow the instructions on the test link to complete the test.
You will need to repeat these steps in order to complete the test for all THREE training classes.