In order to obtain computing privileges or and ID badge for the first time, or to renew your existing/expired privileges or ID badge, you must fill out one of the following forms:
- New request – computing privileges and ID badge
- Renewal request – computing privileges and ID badge
- On-site request form – have active computing accounts but need an ID badge (you will need to log in using your services ID and password in order to fill out this form)
If you will need an ID badge, please make sure to answer “Yes” to the question “Are you planning on being on site at Fermilab …?” so that your ID badge request gets approved by your affiliated experiment or division.
Once the Users Office receives and processes your service desk ticket, you will get an email from the Service Desk stating what your account expiration date will be.
Once you have filled out the service desk ticket, there are a few additional things you will need in order to obtain a Fermilab ID badge:
- You will need to complete the training requirements found on our Training page.
- You will need to bring certain documents with you to the Users Office when you arrive onsite at the lab.
- If you are working on an experiment that is associated with Fermilab’s Accelerator Complex or CMS, your home institution must have a signed Non-Proprietary User Agreement on file with us.