Recreation services for employees, users, and affiliates will initiate on April 4. Family members are considered members of the public; therefore, activities are currently suspended for family members and require a discussion with the Fermi site office before any resume.
Fermilab management continues to closely monitor COVID-19. Updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the Departments of Energy and State are reviewed for additional guidance. Face masks are required to be worn indoors by everyone when community levels are high, unless alone in an enclosed office or room. Fermilab-specific information and resources regarding the lab’s response to COVID-19 and associated operating conditions can be found at https://eshq.fnal.gov/covid-19-employee-info/.
- Fitness Center re-open on April 4, 2022:
Group Exercise Room
Men’s Locker Room
Women’s Locker Room
- All other recreation activities will resume on May 2, 2022. Clubs and Leagues will resume once Recreations Oversight Board reviews and approves applications and bylaws or rules:
a. Indoor Fitness Classes
b. Outdoor Athletic Leagues
c. Fermilab Clubs approved
d. Fermilab Cultural and Community Engagement activities (for badged employees, users, and affiliates)
e. Indoor Athletic Leagues
- Fermilab Cultural and Community engagement activities that include families will resume once approval by the DOE Site Office is received.
Overview of Safety Protocols
Safety protocols are subject to change per ESH guidelines. Recreation members are encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Refer to the Fermilab COVID-19 Vaccine & Testing Plan here at https://eshq.fnal.gov/covid19vaccine/.
- Any recreation members exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms are not allowed to enter the Fitness Center or participate in any recreation activities.
- 3’ social distancing is recommended between individuals. Cardio equipment and weight machines have been social distanced for your safety.
- Members are asked to utilize the provided disposable disinfecting gym wipes to clean equipment before and after use (e.g., weight machines, cardio equipment, dumbbells, gym equipment, etc.).
- In shower facilities, bring your own towels/supplies and do not leave personal items in the space when you leave.
- If shared/non-assigned lockers are used in locker/change rooms to store personal items, wiped down by the user after each use.
Additional Ways We Keep You Safe
- Hand sanitization stations have been installed at the entrance of the weight room, group exercise room, and gymnasium. Please sanitize your hands prior to using equipment.
- Equipment sanitizing stations with disposable gym wipes have been placed in each room.
- Common areas and surfaces which are touched by multiple people (e.g., entry/exit doorknobs, fitness equipment, restrooms) will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Interior doors will be propped open to reduce touching.
- Portable fans have been removed to prevent the spread of germs.
Close Contact Tracing
Member(s) are requested to report any illness symptoms, or positive COVID-19 tests to the Fermilab Occupational Medical Office at 630-840-3131.
All recreation participants must complete the Recreation Waiver, now in Workday, prior to participation in any recreation activity. Refer to the Recreation Waiver Instructions.
Gym Membership Reinstatement for Employees, Users & Affiliates
Previous members of the Gym that wish to reinstate their gym membership should complete the Recreation Waiver in Workday per the Recreation Waiver Instructions and then email Jeanne Ecker with a desired reinstatement date. You will be granted access for the outstanding time on your current membership and notified via email once your access has been granted.
New Gym Memberships for Employees, Users & Affiliates
Employees, Users and Affiliates wishing to initiate a new gym membership are required to complete the Recreation Waiver in Workday. Recreation Waiver Instructions. Complete Gym Membership Form and email to Jeanne Ecker.