• A business visitor who is attending a conference, meeting, school or workshop or another event as determined by the Fermilab Conference Office.
• Event visitors (both onsite and virtual) will register for events through Fermilab Indico, if applicable. For onsite visitors, the registration will automatically generate Business
Visitor Onsite Access Request in ServiceNow, and the request will go through an approval process.
• Once all approvals have been granted, onsite event visitors will receive a business visitor pass with a QR code, which they must present at the security gate to gain access.
Users or affiliates who are attending on-site events and wish to have Lab access outside of the event dates must complete the following steps:
- Fill out the onsite Access Request form HERE for the additional days they will be onsite and obtain approval prior to their arrival; and
- Schedule a badging appointment HERE prior to their arrival. A badge is required for physical access to the lab. A badge appointment grants the user/affiliate access to the site on their first day of access.
Please also note that onsite access approvals will be dependent on citizenship status and the location(s) that the individual will be visiting. It may take up to four weeks to process a request. Please plan accordingly.