Bike Share News: The Bike Share program is switching to the OnBike App.
The Fermilab Bike Share is easy to join and free to use. It is available to all Employees and Users/Affiliates holding a current Fermilab Badge.
Fermilab’s Bike Share bicycles are useful for going from building to building on Fermilab property. They are also a nice way to enjoy some of the surrounding beauty of the Fermilab site and get some light exercise as well.
How to Join…
Joining the Bike Share Program is a 2 step process
- Complete the Recreation Waiver in FermiWorks
- Register via the On BIke App
- Download the On Bike App from the App store or Google Play on your smartphone and register for the Fermilab network.
- Type in “Fermilab 2023” in as the share system you want to join
- Read and sign the Bike Share Rider agreement and waiver in the app.
Once you have completed these steps, the request will be forwarded for confirmation of an active badge and administrative approval. After approval, the requester will be able to check out Bike Share bicycles. Administrative approval will only be given during regular business hours (8:00 AM-4:30 PM)
- Bicycles may only be checked out and used by badge holders
- Riders must be 18 years or older
- Bicycles can be checked out for a time-period of two hours per use
- Bicycles can be checked out from Sunrise to Sunset
- Bicycle helmets are required for all members using bike share bicycles.
- Bicycles must be secured using the included lock when parking bicycle anywhere other than the Bike Share rack
- Bicycles must be returned to a Bike Share rack and the rental must be completed in your app.
In the event that you are unable to return the bicycle to a Bike Share rack because all racks are full, please send an email us and let us know you have secured the bike by using the u-lock system on the bike. Please return the bicycle to the Bike Share rack at your next opportunity and mark your rental complete.
A. Wilson Hall (West side)
B. SW Cross Gallery
C. Site 38 Warehouse
D. Site 38 FES/OPS
E. Feynmann Computing Center
K. Aspen East
H. Users Center
I. Fermilab Gym
J. Dorm 5
Bicycle Station Maps
(click to enlarge)