The Badging Office prints, distributes, and collects all workforce badges. It is the first stop for most Contractor and Authorized Guest. We process request for Contractor and Authorized Guest ID badges and administer the Bike Share programs at the lab.Our office is located in Wilson Hall on the ground floor.
By appointment only. Contact us to make an appointment***
If your badge is going to expire while the lab is closed during the COVID-19 shelter in place order, you will be able to renew your badge when the lab re-opens.
- Computing accounts for Employees are not attached to your badge date, you should not lose access to your computing accounts when your badge expires.
- Computing accounts and badge dates for Users can be the same. Please make sure to submit your access renewal request form on-line in order to maintain remote access.
- Computing accounts and badge dates for Contractors are the same. Please contact your Fermilab Point of Contact and ask them to submit a renewal request.
- Authorize Guest Badges of people who reside in the village will be renewed during this time. All other Authorize Guest Badges will be renewed when the lab re-opens.
- Retirees will be able to renew any expiring badges once the lab reopens.
REAL ID at Fermilab
Please note that beginning August 1, 2020 personnel requesting access to non-public areas of the Batavia and South Dakota sites must submit a REAL ID-compliant document as part of the badging process.
Additional information regarding REAL ID can be found at https://eshq.fnal.gov/realid/.
Join the get-connected email list to stay up to date on Global Services events, activities and announcements.
Fermilab has a lot to offer for the Fermilab Community living both on and offsite such as an onsite gym, recreation classes, a daycare, English Classes and more! Visit the Life at Fermilab page for more information.