Newsletter – Spring 2017
Please contact us regarding any of the topics below.
New Incident Reporting Rubric for J-1 Exchange Visitors
There is a new incident reporting protocol for J-1 Exchange Visitor Sponsor Programs. In order for us to comply we need our J-1 Exchange Visitor Program participants and/or supervisors to contact the Visa Office immediately if any of the following should occur:
- Exchange Visitor Death
- Exchange Visitor Missing
- Exchange Visitor Serious Illness or Injury (e.g., brain injury, severe burn, major surgery, communicable disease, serious mental health incidents, any condition requiring hospitalization of 48 hours or more, etc.)
- Litigation (related to a sponsor’s exchange visitor program, in which sponsor or an exchange visitor may be a named party) I
- Incident Involving the Criminal Justice System (e.g., arrest, charges, law enforcement, etc.)
- Sexually-Related Incidents or Abuse (an incident or allegation involving sexual exploitation, harassment or abuse)
- Negative Press involving a sponsor’s exchange visitor program
- Foreign Government Involvement (including embassy officials)
- Other Situations Impacting Exchange Visitor Safety (e.g., natural disasters, civil unrest, outbreaks of violence)
Users Office Calendar for April
Questions? Comments? Contact the Visa Office!